A healthy baby is tantamount to having a happy parent. With this, it is undeniable that many of us, parents, invest on the health of our baby. From regular checkup from the day they were born to providing them with nothing but the most nutritious food, we do our best for their healthy growth. However, not all parents are the same in terms of the effort that they are exerting for their baby’s health. This is especially true for first-time parents who do not have the knowledge that is required. In the rest of this article, you will know some of the things that can be done to put an emphasis on the healthy growth of your beloved baby.
Start During Pregnancy
If you want your baby to be healthy, moms should start during the pregnancy. This is a point wherein the mom’s health is as important as that of the baby in her womb. With this, the following are some of the things that can be best for the health:
• Eat at least six healthy meals in a day
• Take prenatal supplements
• Exercise based on needs of pregnant women
• Do not consume alcohol or smoke cigarettes
• Get enough sleep
• Do not take medicines without consulting a doctor
Know What To Feed Your Baby
Just like in adults, the health of babies will depend a lot on what they eat. Therefore, parents must be cautious about what they feed their children. The food that they should consume will depend on their age. Remember, since their tummy is small, they do not tend to eat a lot. With this, because they consume little amount of food, it would be best to make sure that they eat only those that are filled with nutrients that they need. Among others, the following are some of the best foods for the babies:
• Bananas: Because they are rich in carbohydrates, they will provide the energy that is needed by babies. It is also rich in fiber, which makes it excellent for digestion. However, always make sure that they are thoroughly mashed before babies eat them.
• Yogurt: Once your baby reaches 6 months old, this is going to be one of the superfoods that should be given. It is filled with nutrients that can help boost the immune system, as well as support brain and heart health.
• Avocados: Compared to any other fruit, avocado is the one with highest protein content. It also has a high content of monosaturated fat, which is classified as a healthy kind of fat, and hence, good for the baby.
• Eggs: This is another power food that will surely be loved by babies. Eggs are known for being an excellent source of zinc, as well as Vitamins A, D, and E. It is also a source of choline, which is asserted to be good for brain and heart health.
• Baby Cereal: This is one of the staples when it comes to healthy baby food. Just make sure to choose one from a trusted brand with healthy and delicious ingredients used. Cereals should be rich in iron since such is needed by babies, especially when they reach 6 months.
Have a Healthy and Comfortable Environment
The health of your baby will also be inevitably affected by the environment. With this, it is important to make sure that they are in a place where their health and comfort will be prioritized. When they are comfortable, they are also healthier. With this, it would be wise to invest in the best pack and play 2015. Also, make sure that the nursery is not too hot or too cold. Purchasing a dehumidifier will also be a good idea to be assured that the baby will only breathe fresh air. Their cribs, playards, toys, and clothes, among others, should be made from gentle and non-toxic materials. At all times, ensure that the house is well-cleaned.
This suggestion is applicable, not for babies, but for parents and for people around the baby. At such a young age, babies are not yet eligible for vaccination. They can only have flu shots once they reach six months. Vaccination is important for you. Make sure that you recently just had a flu shot. This will lessen the likelihood that you will get sick. When you get flu, this can affect your ability to take care of your child. In addition, when you have flu, this can also lead into coughing, and hence, damaging indoor air quality, which, in turn, will affect the health of the baby.
Provide them with Sufficient Sleep
More than food, sleep is another thing that is needed by your baby. Just like adults, they can get grumpy when they lack sleep, and more importantly, this can affect their health. When babies are younger, they tend to sleep longer. This can also be a problem because their sleeping patterns can be disrupted. More than making sure that babies get the right amount of sleep, it is also important to pay attention to the right sleeping position. According to experts, the safest position is to have them placed on their back, which is also the most comfortable.
Seek Professional Help
At the end of the day, keeping your baby healthy is not just all about what you can do as a parent. In most instances, you will need the help of a professional, such as a pediatrician. For instance, when your child is sick and you cannot figure out the problem, see a doctor the soonest possible time to determine what should be done. Do not let babies take any medication without the advice of a professional to avoid the problem from getting worse.
As parents, your heart will melt when you see your baby in an unhealthy condition. Do not wait for this to happen. From early on, make sure that their health is given priority. From the food they eat to the room where they live, it is of utmost importance to give them only what is best for their health.